3/11/12

Ch. 15: Retailing

So I went with my father to the Audi dealership on W 54th street. He was going to test drive a few cars, as he is looking to lease a new car. I had mentioned earlier how pleasurable our experience at the Audi service center was: they treated us extremely well, they knew everything important about us and our car, they served us drinks while we waited, etc. The experience at the dealership was a little bit different. Like most luxury car dealerships, the salesperson will only become really invested in you once they know you can actually afford the car and that you're serious about purchasing one. So initially they weren't swarming on us, one came and said hi, how are you, the basics. Once we got talking however, and my dad mentioned he used to own an Audi but had just got it at another dealership, the salespersons demeanor changed completely. He immediately looked up my father's info, began calling him Mr. Mumtaz, and began to guide my father in the correct direction for the car he wanted. We didn't get the car that day, but the xperience was extremely positive, but only after they knew we were "of value".

No comments:

Post a Comment